Brad Pitt's Fatherhood Role A Remedy For Depression

Fatherhood has become a tonic for Brad Pitt as he fights a secret genetic depression.

The movie hunk plays moody outlaw Jesse James in his latest film The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, and he admits he didn’t have to dig too deep to play the sad Wild West anti-hero.

He claims his family is surrounded by a great sadness, explaining, “They call it a congenital sadness. It’s nothing that’s on the surface. It’s something that I feel in my grandparents, in the people I've met, in a Southern way of life."



And, playing James, who like Pitt also hails from the plains from Missouri, reminded the actor of the melancholy that has dogged him his entire life. He adds, “I was surprised how much that meant to me in the end, to do something that had a connection with home.

But becoming a father has given Pitt a new-found happiness.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: